i've been writing out this blog post all the way home. i just got back from hearing shauna niequist speak at ada bible and my mind has been buzzing the whole time. november 2 is a date i have been looking forward to for weeks. and it was even more than i anticipated it would be. while i should probably let the night percolate a little longer, there are a few things i'd like to remember in the meantime.
- so much more is possible for my life than i imagine for myself
- discipline is important and necessary. (this point has been driven home twice so far this week and it's only tuesday)
- life is bittersweet... not just this season.
- when you're in a creative job, you need to be able to draw on inspiration at any time... you can't just wait for it to hit you. to do this you need to be really careful about what you fill up your life with, what you allow yourself to take in. this means reading good books, surrounding yourself with great people... making sure your life is full of inspiration from many sources.
- i want to read: a moveable feast by hemingway... and more ruth reichl... and i should definitely start reading the help... i feel like i need some kind of retreat where i just go somewhere and read and pray.
- it's just becoming very apparent that it's really easy to sleepwalk through life. (it's also becoming apparent that i'm big on superlatives tonight)
... there's more to say. i'm sure i could go on and on. but there's a taco truck calling my name. (and it's not every day you can say that in GR, so i will answer)